We encourage you to buy items that can be worn over and over again as investment pieces. This however requires knowing how to take care of your carefully curated items.
Our white shirts
- Always wash your white shirts separately from other colours to avoid colour transfer. It’s also best to separate very dirty clothing from less dirty ones to prevent transfer of dirt. To make your colour sorting easy, use more than 1 laundry basket to sort the whites, dark colours, and other colours.
- Be careful when applying your detergent, quantity matters: not too little but also not excessive. If you need a boost to clean heavy stain(s), use optical brighteners or try to add baking soda only for a short period of time. Immediately rinse afterwards and wash the item according to the laundry instructions on the care label.
- Check the optimal washing temperature on the care label. It’s recommended to use the highest temperature recommended for the fabric to remove dirts. Just make sure all surface stains are removed before washing, as hot water can set the stain.
- We recommend hanging dry your beloved white shirts as direct sunlight has a bleaching effect and can get rid of any remaining germs.
For dark and other colour shirts
- Just like the whites, separate the light colours from the dark ones to avoid colour transfer.
- Wash your coloured items cold & quick to minimize fading and preserve their colour. To avoid the colour from running, test shortly with warm water before placing the item in a washing machine. If it bleeds, it’s best to hand wash the garment or use the delicate or quick wash feature.
- Be careful with detergent. Preferably use a small amount of detergent as excessive amounts can encourage dye bleeding. If you choose to air dry the items after washing, hang them inside out to avoid colour fading due to sunlight.